9.08.2008

A Little Remodeling

For those of you who are worried that I've given up on blogging, don't lose heart quite yet. I'm currently in the process of learning Blogger and remodeling our blog! New and better ideas are headed this way! I'm excited about the changes. I'll be adding resource links and an RSS feed, I believe. 

In the meantime we've been remodeling around the house! Daniel scored us a great deal on two living room chairs. The chairs are an awesome addition to our living room. Not only did we honestly need more seating but I love the touch of retro they bring to the room. 
We've also added a fica tree and new throw pillows to the living room! Wow! The room's really starting to come together. I scored the tree (minus the pot) for $2o at a yard sale and Daniel found the pot on clearance at Target. I actually found the new pillows all on my own! They're probably one of my favorite finds for the house so far, and that's saying a lot. Daniel was jealous he didn't find them first! We need some "pops" of color and these definitely help out. 
 
Recently Daniel brought home a huge chandelier for our bedroom that one of his clients gave him! I've always wanted a chandelier in our bedroom because of our vaulted ceilings. The chandelier is ready for hanging (after a little paint job that is) but won't be hung until cooler weather comes our way. I'm anxiously awaiting some Fall temperatures so it will be an easier job for my Father-In-Law. 
So, there you have the McLaughlin's decorate on a very small budget! I love it! Decorating is one of our favorite things to do together because we both have the same style and vision for our home. We've been looking forward to decorating our house, which is one of our biggest blessings!

1 comment:

twoposeys said...

It is tons of fun finding great bargains that incorporate well with your style! I always love seeing something exciting and new when we are over there :) One of my favorite parts of home ownership is always having projects to complete and enjoy.